Think about never having to clean, lubricate and autoclave a straight attachment again. And when you consider the cost of cleaning and autoclaving, esa actually costs less to use than other disposable prophy angles with traditional handpiece connections.
esa attaches to the Star® Titan, Midwest Shorty® and Rhino® handpieces. And it’s 100% guaranteed…if esa doesn’t live up to your standards, return it for a full refund. For the lightest weight prophy system, check out our esamate motor.
The switch is on! Ask your dealer for the esa Extended Straight Attachment today! Or call us at 1-800-474-8681, we’ll immediately ship your order in your dealer’s name.
- Angle cost
- Autoclave pouch
- Plastic sleeves
- Labor cost to clean attachment
- Nose cone amortization
- OSHA compliance issues
- Possible carpal tunnel
- 100% guarantee Total Cost
- Total Cost
- 10¢ ea
- 8¢ ea
- $1.08-1.48 ea
Midwest, Shorty and Rhino are registered trademarks of DENTSPLY Professional, a division of DENTSPLY International. Star and Titan are registered trademarks of DentalEZ Group.
Attention ESA ST Star Titan 3 5K Motor Users!
When it’s time to replace your Star Titan 3 5K Motor you must reorder #265208 (For ESA Prophy Angles) to ensure that your ESA ST fits properly. In the event that you order another Star Titan 3 5K Motor model number in error, please contact the DentalEZ Group at 866-383-4636. Thank you.
- What low speed handpieces does the esa disposable prophy angle fit?
- We offer two versions of esa disposable prophy angles: esa MW which works with Midwest Shorty and Midwest Rhino motors and esa ST which works with the DentalEZ Star Titan motor. These motors were chosen based on their having the largest installed base of users in the U. S. Dental Market at esa DPA's introduction in 2000. At that time it was estimated that these 3 motors were used in approximately 50% of the dental offices in the U.S.
- How does the cost of using esa disposable prophy angles compare to traditional disposable prophy angles and handpiece connections?
- Depending on the disposable prophy angle that you're using, esa disposable prophy angles may cost less, the same or as much as 25¢ more to buy. However, to properly compare esa to regular disposable angles using a nose cone connection, you must consider the cost of autoclaving the nose cone or straight attachment. When you include the amortization of the nose cone wear, sterilization pouches, cleaning agents and the labor involved in infection control process, esa disposable prophy angles cost about half as much money to use. Based on the average cost of a esa and a traditional disposable prophy angle/connection offices can realize a savings of 50¢ per prophy procedure.
- Why does the esa NL disposable prophy angle cup feel softer and more pliable than other latex-free disposable prophy angles?
- esa NL (Non-Latex) disposable prophy angle cups are made using compression molding, a process that involves taking firm strips of natural rubber and extracting the latex protein. This process allows esa's latex-free cup to maintain the handling characteristics of natural rubber. esa NL cups are designed to be softer, more elastic and with improved concentricity allowing them to spin truer, reducing splatter and providing a more predictable polishing edge. These are the same non-latex cups that were preferred by 4 out of 5 dental hygienists on our Pivot NL disposable prophy angles. In contrast, the majority of manufacturers use injection molding, a process that involves using liquefied plastic and forming it into cup shapes. Plastic is stiffer, less elastic than rubber and can lose its concentricity once it's splayed into the sulcus or pushed interproximally. This often results in increased splatter, wrist fatigue and "wobbling like a bad tire."